b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Question for Rolf on the JW outlook on the Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Arthur Gershman" <gershman18 AT msn.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Question for Rolf on the JW outlook on the Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:46:55 -0400

Art,

Our good neighbor Mr. Golem is a shy, private, person and we should leave him alone. He is admittedly one of the lesser prophets, yet some of his short term prophesies, especially those concerning the ups and downs of the stock market, have manifestly come true. Now and then it crosses my mind that he is also possibly one of the undercover 36 righteous man, but who knows.

The Hebrew word Golem (See PS. 139:16) is derived from the root GLM, and is not related to English: 'glom, gloom, glum'. The root GLM is a bona fide member of the root family: BLM, GLM, XLM, CLM, $LM, TLM, all meaning ' to be massive, to be substantial, to be wholesome'.

Isaac Fried, Boston University