b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] paronomasia and/or Pentateuchal sources in Kings

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] paronomasia and/or Pentateuchal sources in Kings
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:26:35 +0200

On 2/18/07, Russell Gmirkin wrote:
Can anyone recommend studies that discuss paronomasia (puns) in 1/2 Kings?
I am particularly interested in identifying source materials in Kings that
use this literary device. I imagine, for instance, that the Tales of the
Prophets would include more of this than excerpts from the Royal Chronicles
or the
heavily Deuteronomistic materials. I already have N. Levine, 'Twice as
Much of Your Spirit: Pattern, Parallel and Paronomasia in the Miracles of
Elijah
and Elisha" , JSOT 85: 25-46.

On a related note, can anyone recommend studies that identify
intertextuality of Kings and the Pentateuch broken down by DH sources (JEDP)?

I recommend you try to ask your question at the biblical studies mailing list: