b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The 'Golden Rule of Hebrew Etymology'?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George Athas" <george.athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The 'Golden Rule of Hebrew Etymology'?
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:09:02 +1100

Hi Isaac!

I think most linguists and grammarians would say that your theory is quite
novel, so thank you for having the foresight to use words such as 'opinion'
and 'musings'. I personally remain unconvinced of your theory, particular as
it did not really address the questions I asked which, I feel, need to have
definitive answers for your theory to work. In any case it is interesting.

Others on the list may care to comment further.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College (Sydney)
1 King St, Newtown, NSW 2042, Australia