b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 49, Issue 26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 49, Issue 26
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:37:32 -0800

Dear Joel:

Now I understand your question. It looks as if you are dealing with a
glitch in the BibleWorks program.

I looked up every text in every program that I have both electronic
and printed, and only the LXX, which has "Don't murder" after "Don't
steal", has a different numbering system, and even that one has the
same number of verses. Versions I checked included uniBible and Bible+
on Palm, Online Bible and Sword Project on the Macintosh, in every
language that I have installed. With the exception of LXX, none give
any indication that other verse numbering systems may exist.

Karl W. Randolph.