b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Refutation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Isaac Fried" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "'Uri Hurwitz'" <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Refutation
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:08:57 -0500

Dear Uri,

Above and beyond; I consider all Hebrew letters “interchangeable”, except
for the letter R. Thus, in my humble opinion the roots GBB, KBB, CBB, LBB,
NBB are essentially the same, being differentiated only by usage. Heaping
chaff is GBB, but the heaping of potato-gratings (to make a LeVIVAH,
‘pancake’) is LBB, while the heaping of chopped meat is KBB. The root RBB
belongs to the different category of ‘to disperse, to scatter’.

I know all this is ‘unorthodox’, but leave the trodden path and you will see
the world in all its glory.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

_____