b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 14:7; 53:6/7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: pporta AT oham.net, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 14:7; 53:6/7
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:42:59 -0800

Pere

Thanks

I have read about intensive plurals somewhere tonight - it just means that
the plural is an emphatic singular.

Thanks for the construct answer and the T/H hint for looking things up -

So Psalm 14 is construct singular; Psalm 53 is plural - also construct?

My first reading of construct seems to indicate that the second noun is in
construct form. In this verse of both Psalms, salvation is the first noun -
so I would have expected Israel to be in a construct form.

I will continue to ponder how salvation(s) could be associated with the
Psalm of Elohim (53) and how a singular construct could be associated with
the poem in which the LORD (14) is the subject of the Psalm.

(And I will read some more about construct)

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC
http://gx.ca