b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Setting up the Mac for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:32:47 -0800

James:

Not being a code junkie, I have no idea what is the problem.

All I know that Christopher's code has never worked on a Macintosh. I
found out that my son's version of Firefox on Linux is not the latest,
as the latest has "issues" with some of the other programs he is
running. My son also informed me that some of the other sites I
regularly visit using Safari, the browser that comes with Mac OS X,
are coded with AJAX (including gmail which is the mail client I am
using to write this response) and Safari has no problem with them. So
I have no idea what makes Christopher's site different from all other
sites I visit.

One thing I do know, is that the system fonts on a Mac have all the
points and accents needed to render the Masoretic text, so the SIL
font is not needed. But beyond that, I enter territory beyond my ken.

Karl W. Randolph.