b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Amar-Sin, Ibbi-Sin, Shu-Sin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: RobertSumner0110 AT wmconnect.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Amar-Sin, Ibbi-Sin, Shu-Sin
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:19:05 EST

This is probably not the right forum for this question but after several
hours of searching I thought I would give it a shot. Can anyone tell me the
meaning of the names Amar-Sin, Shu-Sin, and Ibbi-Sin? Is there an accessible
source online. There seems to have been a shift in religious allegiances
during
the middle of the Ur III dynasty that would have corresponded with the
migration
of Abram. Any help would be appreciated.