b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Upgrade to the Unicode/XML Westminster LeningradCodex of 1 Dec 2006

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christopher V. Kimball" <transcriber AT tanach.us>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Upgrade to the Unicode/XML Westminster LeningradCodex of 1 Dec 2006
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 21:43:54 -0500

Dear Karl,

Please check that you're actually getting the SBL Hebrew font displayed. See the "FontTest" page to see a comparison of your system and a successful system.

I've been able to download and install SBL Hebrew on Macs, but haven't yet got Firefox to display the SBL Hebrew font. It displays a system Hebrew font that doesn't know about cantillation marks. I think the problem is that you need to allow web pages to choose their own fonts. (The site specifies SBL Hebrew.) There's a menu item with a check box that does this, but I forget which one it is.

I'm planning on moving to an Apple system in the next six months, IF Firefox will properly display the text.
Chris Kimball