b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Well, well well, Whose changing a hundred years of a basic rule - Infinite Absolute!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yonah Mishael" <yonahmishael AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Well, well well, Whose changing a hundred years of a basic rule - Infinite Absolute!
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:22:37 -0600

Regarding this topic, I also learned that an infinitive absolute
coupled with a finite verb form is an intensifier. I would be
interested in any *evidence* to demonstrate that it only means "liable
to", though I think this is stretching. If you have more from the
author, please forward at least the bibliographical note to the list.

Thanks,
Yonah