b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] "HaNiTSaVaH"? Sam 1:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] "HaNiTSaVaH"? Sam 1:26
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:01:32 +0100

Yitzhak Sapir asked:

Perhaps the first question is why you'd predict or think that the
word should be "HaNiTSaVaH"?

Yitzhak Sapir

Hallo Yitzhak, since I was confused over the pointing I naturally searched through the grammar books including Gesenius and could not find anything; EXCEPT, that the Niphal Participle feminine Singular Peh-Nun verb is pointed accordingly, as I have amateurishly written above, (small letters are of course the vowels). So what is wrong please? Hebrew is full of deviations and complex grammatical structures, modern languages never require this amount of work to learn, so please forgive the simplistic manner in which I am trying to understand.

Regards, Chris.