b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Translating - some elementary questions

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Translating - some elementary questions
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:18:34 -0700

I am looking at Psalm 145 verse 15;

1. (Ynei-KoL seems to have a first person singular suffix - my eye; perhaps
it is an idiomatic plural? I notice that Gen 44:21 has the same word
translated eyes, but the singular would give an equal sense.

2. the suffix ka seems to mean 'your' - does 'eLeYkA then mean literally
your God?

3. What is the grammatical role of LAHem in the sentence?

4. 'eth-'AkLAm - is this an object marker followed by an irregular plural?

Is there an online resource for these questions? I have been using Blue
Letter Bible and some sites that seem to derive from the same basic
resources. I find they do not deal with all the words in the Hebrew text.

Sorry for the simplicity of the questions; thanks for your patience.

Bob

Bob MacDonald

Victoria BC

http://gx.ca