b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Also asking a question - Re: YHWH is Aramaic?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Also asking a question - Re: YHWH is Aramaic?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:26:33 -0500

Rolf:

What a beautiful description of ancient Hebrew
theology, but is it a translation?

I agree with you that the idea is meant in the
words used, but apart from adding that sentence
cannot be rendered in English because of the
limitations of the English language in rendering
Hebrew ideas.

Karl W. Randolph.