b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 14:4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 14:4
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 20:09:26 -0500

Yigal:

Thank you.

My question was, is this an Aramaic phrase that was
inserted into the Hebrew text, in the same way that
Jeremiah 10:11 is Aramaic?

For me the clue is the Aramaic reading of MDHBH. In
Hebrew, the term is unknown. My question, are the
other four words in the phrase also Aramaic?
Because I don't know Aramaic (beyond enough to read
the Aramaic sections of Tanakh), I can't answer
that question. If those words are Aramaic, do they
have the same meanings as in Hebrew?

Any Aramaic scholars out there?

Karl W. Randolph.