b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 25:11 imperative & waw

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Karl Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT email.com>, "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 25:11 imperative & waw
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:20:17 -0400

Thanks very much Karl. Yes, the last waw-prefix Isa 53:2 seems to be a good
example of a waw-prefix that needs to be translated as "that". Even in that
case, the LXX still translates it as "nor", but makes the last verb "we
desire" into a noun "beauty".

Yes, I would appreciate it if you or anyone else let me know when you come
across any other examples of waw prefixes that should be translated as
"that". I can't figure a way to use the computer find them.
-Steve Miller
Detroit