b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] MICAH - 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: R.Lehmann <lehmann AT uni-mainz.de>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] MICAH - 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:48:53 +0200

Dear colleagues,

the 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (MICAH) will take place in November 2006, friday, 10th and saturday, 11th at the University of Mainz, Germany.

You are invited to give a lecture, either a short paper (20 min plus discussion) or a full lecture (45 min + discussion), as you please.
Topics cover the Ancient and Classical Hebrew, i. e. Epigraphic and Biblical Hebrew, Qumran Hebrew, Ben Sira, and adjacent languages and epigraphics, for instance Ugaritic, Phoenician-Punic, Old and Imperial Aramaic, Moabite and Edomite. Also matters of general epigraphy, palaeography and general linguistics in conjunction with these languages are welcome.
Postgraduates / Ph.D. students / doctorands are explicitly invited to demonstrate their projects and to take the opportunity to discuss them in a collegial atmosphere.

For participation, we request a fee of 25,00 Euro.

Paper proposals should be made until end of july. Please send to the undersigned (lehmann AT uni-mainz.de) and indicate the preferred length.
If you want to participate only, for better planning please contact me until october, 31st, 2006.

We would be glad to see you this year in Mainz.

Reinhard G. Lehmann

For all questions and concerns please contact:

Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann, AkOR
Tel. +49-6131-39-23284 (office)
tel and fax +49-6132-799873
Email: lehmann AT uni-mainz.de

Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann, AkOR
Forschungsstelle für Althebräische Sprache und Epigraphik
Evangelisch-theologische Fakultät / Department of Protestant Theology
Johannes Gutenberg-Universitaet Mainz
D-55099 Mainz, Germany

  • [b-hebrew] MICAH - 8th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew, R . Lehmann, 04/26/2006