b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Preposition (L+shwa) with nouns?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: M bauer <tnaswg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Preposition (L+shwa) with nouns?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:44:48 -0800 (PST)

A question.

Which Jenni, the one with 6 vol. with Spicq as the lead as on Amazon.com or
the one with 3 vol.

Many thanks for clarification.

Marc Bauer

David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com> wrote:

>Specifically looking at Joshua 24:19 and Exodus 23:21.
>
>Please could someone tell me the point in prefixing the Lamed to the nouns
>in these instances? Reading elsewhere I see rthat it is also not really
>necessary. What is the difference please?
>
>thankyou. Chris Watts.

Jenni's work on the preposition should have something to say.

Jenni, Ernst. _Die hebräischen Präpositionen. Band 3: Die Präposition
Lamed_. Stuttgart: Kohlhammer, 2000.

Sorry, but I don't have time to dig into it myself at the moment.

Regards,
David Kummerow.

t(NA)swg = The Guide I use for Working The Steps. Obscure but never obsolete.