b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] History of matres lectionis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] History of matres lectionis
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:40:09 -0800

Dear Yitzhak,

Considering the analysis of Cross and Friedman (since I have no means of
accessing their work) is it possible to determine which parts of the Tanakh is
pre-exilic or post-exilic? Or should I say Pre-Monarchal, United Monarchal,
Divided Monarchal, then Exilic and Post-Exilic?

I only ask these questions since they can help(?) us see the flow of the
language from the beginning (whenever that was) to the Intertestamental Period
to Qumran to Massorettes.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III