b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ugaritic; textbooks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ugaritic; textbooks
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:22:18 -0500

Herman:

I can't help but be curious, why do you think you must learn
Ugaritic to learn Hebrew? If it is a requirement from a professor
for class, that makes sense, and the various resources from such
as Yitzhak are a good place to start.

Yitzhak has some strong beliefs that are not shared by all
members of this list, and for that reason is a strong proponent
for learning Ugaritic. What is your excuse?

Karl W. Randolph.