b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Doctorates (PhD or ThD?)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin Graham" <kevlds AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Doctorates (PhD or ThD?)
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:20:33 +0000

Hi Peter, you make some good points, and I'll try to be more diligent in my characterizations in the future.

== I think you would have to work hard to support your thesis that anyone, at least in the theological mainstream which condemned idolatry, believed that Yahweh had literal body parts, that the language about his body parts is to be understood as anything other than metaphorical.

Anyone in "current" theological mainstream, or are we talking about the mainstream in Ancient Judaism? It is the latter to which I refer. The argument of metaphor works in some verses, but certainly not all of them.