b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:40:44 +0000

James, you have a knack for complaining of offense and suggesting
we desist when speaking of terms such as henotheism and
polytheism but making offensive comments yourself such as your
comments re: Jesus, "NO COMMENT! (trying my best not laugh)",
or your claim labeling my views as "distorted." I never said on this
list that Jesus was a fraud, and while you may be assuming this
is my view, I haven't stated my view on the issue because it would
rightfully offend many on the list and has no need to become part
of any discussion on the list.

I originally felt such a discussion as the one you opened is too
problematic for the list and I intended to post no more than one reply
on the subject noting that will be my last reply. But that was before
the Sabbath. After the Sabbath, I decided to change my response.

You opened this debate in reply to my claim that because
there are inconsistencies in the Torah, each passage should be
assessed on its own without resorting immediately to other passages.
I resurrected that claim and further substantiated it in my last post, but
besides your offensive comments re: my views, you did not respond
to these.

Soren is right, this doesn't have to go on. This will be my last post
on the subject.

Yitzhak Sapir