b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Eden's Four Rivers (update)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Eden's Four Rivers (update)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:22:49 -0400

I have recently undertaken a major rewrite or
revision on my article titled "Eden's Four Rivers" as of yesterday, 22 June
2005.

I no longer identify "Eden" with Sumer lying in the great flood-plain of
Lower Mesopotamia. I _now_ understand that Eden lies in Northern Mesopotamia
and is the area between Haran and Sippar. In this same region lies "Eden of
Tel-assar" mentioned by Isaiah 37:12 (Neo-Assyrian "Bit Adini").

I explain in detail why I "abandoned" Eden being in Sumer. Cf. the below
url:

http://www.bibleorigins.net/EdensFourRivers.html

Regards, Walter
mattfeld12 AT charter.net