b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Excess consonants in the WLC Torah.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Excess consonants in the WLC Torah.
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:05:48 -0500

I think that a difference of this amount is not only plausible, but probable.

Looking at your stats listed below, spaces between words (in archaic Hebrew,
dots) are not counted, while Maqefs (which did not exist in archaic Hebrew)
are counted as consonants. Add to that that spelling was often fluid, itÂ’s
almost surprising that the differences add up to only 43.

Karl W. Randolph.