b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The perspective of this native speaker of Modern Hebrewof Biblical Hebrew tenses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The perspective of this native speaker of Modern Hebrewof Biblical Hebrew tenses
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:09:54 +0100

Dear Noam,

It is impossible to discuss the subject adequately in a short post, so I send you off-list an article that I have written on the subject.
Best regards

Rolf

Noam Eitan wrote:

Rolf, this is an interesting post. I am not a linguist
and cannot follow it. Could I be "hatzuf" enough to
ask you to repost it with examples for every
statement, both in modern English for those referring
to English, as well as with examples from the bible,
for the statement regarding BH? I would appreciate it
either as a private e-mail, or on the list. Thnaks a
lot, Noam

  • Re: [b-hebrew] The perspective of this native speaker of Modern Hebrewof Biblical Hebrew tenses, Rolf Furuli, 11/27/2004