b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Journals for Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "James Bowick" <bowick AT idirect.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Journals for Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:43:55 -0400

Hello,

I am required in second year Hebrew to do a translation paper on a passage
of the Hebrew Bible, however my library skills are not yet the best. I will
use and develop the skills I have to search for journal articles for my
paper, but also thought it would be wise to browse the last few years of a
couple of the better journals related to Classical Hebrew and the Hebrew
Bible, especially as it might help in exegeting a passage.

What are the top three or four journals for this area?

I realize that this approach is not a substitute for developing research
skills, but at the same time by casting a broader net may be of even more
assistance in helping me wrestle with the language itself.

Thank you for your assistance.

James Bowick
M.Div. candidate
McMaster Divinity College