b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:38:25 -0500

Yigal:

Before seeing the photograph, I was under the impression that the amulets
were better preserved than the photograph reveals. The photograph is actually
misleading compared to the published studies: for one I had never before
heard of a he written with the staff in the middle, effectively making it
look like a samekh (or is that an alep?), and a shin which in the photograph
looks like a chet. Enough of it is preserved that I think it is late
pre-exile writing, with the pretty curlicues below the mem and nun.

Karl W. Randolph.