b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Machir and the Exodus ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Machir and the Exodus ?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:37:41 -0000

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:20:39 +0200 "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
writes:

> [...]

Oops, you're right. I had forgotten about that. I was simply thinking
of the sons of Jacob, but Ephraim and Manasseh were Joseph tribes. Well,
perhaps we do have evidence for a minimalist view in a different
tradition.

george
gfsomsel