b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew month names, was [b-hebrew] Thera quote

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew month names, was [b-hebrew] Thera quote
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:05:32 -0500

Marianne:

True, the only month I’ve found named in Torah was )BYB [Exodus 13:4, 23:15,
34:18 Leviticus 2:14 Deuteronomy 16:1 ]. However, the month of ZW was
mentioned in 1 Kings 6:1, )TNYM in 1 Kings 8:2 and BWL in 1 Kings 6:28
showing that the Hebrew months had names that were forgotten during the
Babylonian Exile. That they were named shows that the names were in use.

Karl W. Randolph.