b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Potter's Wheel and Giving Birth?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke AT prodigy.net>
  • To: "David N. da Silva" <huyxh8s02 AT sneakemail.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Potter's Wheel and Giving Birth?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

David:

"When you act as midwives, and see (them) upon the
stones, if it is a son, then you shall kill him...."

It would not make sense to speak about the girl's

The term obnäyim is never used of testicles. Testicles
are referred as `äshek in Lev 21:20
A "shaft" is not mentioned. The reference is Exodus
1:16, not Genesis 1:16

Kevin

--- "David N. da Silva" <huyxh8s02 AT sneakemail.com>