b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Moses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Moses
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:22:41 -0500

No we don't all agree that Moses had an Egyptian name.

For one, Exodus doesn't agree.

If we take Exodus as a historical document, as it claims to be, then
when we have Moses being brought up in the pharaoh's house, that
pharaoh could have been just as much Egyptian as when Marco Polo
served the "Chinese" king while working in the house of Kublai Khan.
There is nothing linguistically improbable with that understanding.

There are several clues, taken individually don't mean much, but taken
together suggests to me that the pharaoh of the Exodus could very well
have been Hyksos.

Karl W. Randolph.