b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "The eye of the earth"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "The eye of the earth"
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:26:42 -0400

Hi Yigal,

More examples:

Lev 13:55 vehinneh lo' haphax hannegah 'et `eyno "and behold, the plague
has not changed its eye."
Numbers 11:7 hamman kizra` gad hu' ve`eyno ke'eyn habbedolax "the man(na)
was like seed of corriander, and its eye was as the eye of bdellium."
Eze 1:4 umittokah ke`eyn haxashmal mittok ha'esh "and from its midst was
like the eye of the (glowing thing) in the midst of the fire."

These other examples can refer to the color of different things. Maybe we
should take Numbers 22:5 also as a reference to the color of the earth which
was hidden because of the multitude of people?

Shalom, Bryan