b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <vadim_lv AT center-tv.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 13:48:50 +0300

Dear Chris,

That's because you were taught Dutch the wrong way, in the first place.
Somehow the children, being open-minded, can subconsciously distill the real
laws of the language from the mass of the empirical evidence. This is close
to what Chomsky says, actually. There is a built-in mechanism in our minds
for understanding the structure of language; but this window is closed in
adults.
My students start speaking Hebrew in a week, and the rest is only a matter
of learning more roots.

Best regards,

Vadim Cherny