b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53 read within the book as a whole
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:49:13 +0300

>In other words, they do not know, and have no assurance,
that what may be acceptable to write one day will still
be acceptable the next.
This is not a rule by law.<
You're getting too far. In this sense, there is no legal system. It was
legal to advocate Nazism in Britain for considerable time. In the States,
some areas are closed to public discussion. Cannot equate freedom of speech
with the law.

Best regards,

Vadim

> > Dear Liz,
> >
> > > By written law, I do not mean a list of laws.
> > > I mean the knowledge that when you are brought
> > > in for interrogating that there is a real
> > > crime on the books that you have been charged
> > > with, that was there before you were charged!
> >
> > In this sense, communist countries didn't have a legal system 15 years
> > ago.
> Yes, I agree.
> >
> > >IF you think that in countries
> > where there is Shariya law that there are these
> > sorts of safeguards in place, then well, try
> > living there.<
> > I did. Emirates, Egypt, Saudi are more rigid in law adherence than
Soviet