b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Draft proposal for Unicode encoding of holam male

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Draft proposal for Unicode encoding of holam male
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:30:23 -0500

They probably learned Hebrew the same places I did.

I took Biblical Hebrew (well, 3/4 of the year before I got too busy; I was
auditing the class) at SUNY at Buffalo with a Near Eastern archeologist.

You'd think he'd have mentioned dots in two places if the notion that they
were supposed to be there was commonly accepted.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com