b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Horse and Rider and britches.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "A. Philip Brown II" <pbrown AT GBS.EDU>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Horse and Rider and britches.
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:46:29 -0600

I thought that actually Celts wore some sort of britches, and so did people
of Central Europe around 1100 BC or so - when the climate of Europe turned
colder. It had to do with warmth. But since these people were Indo
Europeans/ Indo-Europeanized, they could also ahve been riding horses.

Actually the Celtic confederation was founded in 700-600 BC by chariot
driving Scythian or Cimmerian nobility. Or maybe they were also RIDING
those horses. Tee, hee, hee.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas