b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Yam Suph (Timsah), Elim (Ayun Musa) ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Yam Suph (Timsah), Elim (Ayun Musa) ?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:23:54 -0500

I have of late been forced to "abandon" my earlier understanding that the
crossing of Yam Suph, "the Red Sea" being at Clysma/Suez as maintained by
Early Christian traditions of the 4th/5th century CE. As of YESTERDAY (08
Feb 2004) I came to realize that Professors K.A. Kitchen and James K.
Hoffmeier -who are also Egyptologists- were CORRECT, its Lake Timsah. What
caused the abandonment of Clysma-Suez was two items, the biblical statement
about Etham being at the "edge of the wilderness" and finally realizing that
Elim is probably Ayun Musa and its twelve springs. If interested, please cf.
the following url:
http://www.bibleorigins.net/YamSuphTimsahElimAyunMusa.html

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.
website:
www.bibleorigins.net
e-mail:
mattfeld12 AT charter.net

  • [b-hebrew] Yam Suph (Timsah), Elim (Ayun Musa) ?, Walter R. Mattfeld, 02/09/2004