b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:58:20 -0500

Peter:

I wouldn’t be asking for cognate clues if I didn’t think so. But at the same
time the opposite can happen. For example, $KX in Hebrew means to forget, but
to find in Aramaic. But particularly when we are dealing with hapax legomai
terms, often the cognate languages are our only clues.

Karl W. Randolph.