b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Re: Hannah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH" <cms AT dragon.com>
  • To: B-HEBREW AT LISTS.IBIBLIO.ORG
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Re: Hannah
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:17:19 -0400

I have read that the name Hannah (mother of Samuel) means "prayer."
BibleWorks says that Hannah = "grace." In a name book, I once read
that Hannah means "full of grace, mercy, and prayer." That's quite a
mouthful for a two-syllable name.

Would someone tell me if this is accurate?

Thanks.

Cindy Smith Unless the LORD build the house,
cms AT dragon.com they labor in vain who build.
cms AT 5sc.net Unless the LORD guard the city,
cms AT romancatholic.org in vain does the guard keep watch.
Me transmitte sursum, -- Psalm 127:1
Caledoni! All your base are belong to us.
A Real Live Catholic You are on the way to destruction.
in Georgia! What you say.
>->> <<-< Go against the flow! You have no chance to survive make your time.

  • [b-hebrew] Re: Hannah, SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH, 11/09/2003