b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: CS Bartholomew <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:04:45 -0700

On 9/23/03 11:24 AM, "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com> wrote:

> It looks as if I stuck my foot in my mouth in not recognizing the
> possibility
> that YWM LYWM is a figure of speech, but grammatically then this figure of
> speech is the subject of the verb. In this verse it does not look as if it
> is
> used adverbially.

Karl,

You have progressed from the improbable to the highly improbable.

You are now suggesting that ywM lywM functioning as a unit is the
subject/agent of the verb? Very interesting :-)

BTW, the NIV/NET Bible position is also that of Waltke/O'conner (page 505).
I suspect Waltke is at the bottom of this. Wasn't he on the editorial
committee for the NIV OT?

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew