b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Qohelet Genre T.Longman

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Qohelet Genre T.Longman
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:31:53 -0700

Anyone have anything to say about T.Longman's analysis of genre in Qohelet
as a framed fictional biography according to an Akkadian pattern?

I am reading Longman (Eccl. NICOT) again after several years and find his
hypothesis intriguing. However, not being very well read in Akkadian
biography . . .

What linkage is there between the genre identification and the dating of the
book? If we go with the late post-exilic date does that rule out the
Akkadian biography genre or vise versa?

greetings, Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew