b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Autumnal Poisonous Quail and New Year ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter R. Mattfeld" <mattfeld12 AT charter.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Autumnal Poisonous Quail and New Year ?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:46:52 -0400

For those interested, I have "updated" my article on Kib`roth-hatta`avah's
poisonous quail with **a url** to an insight made by Professor David J. A.
Cline, namely, his observation that Pre-Exilic Israel may have observed,
"originally" an AUTUMN New Year, rather than a Spring New Year. Cline
investigates various verses in the Primary History (Genesis-Kings), the
Prophets, and Nehemiah, noting statements suggesting an Autumnal New Year
was in place. If he is correct, this anomaly would align with Poisonous
quail alighting in the Sinai, in the Autumn. cf. the newly revised
http://www.bibleorigins.net/ExodusQuailmiracleKibrothhattaav.html

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 AT charter.net