b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Ezra

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Michael Hildenbrand <mdh AT tfc.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Ezra
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:34:40 -0400 (EDT)

Liz,
I would recommend Mark Throntveit's work in the Interpretation
series. Though it dates from 1989, he works through the literary
structure of the book. Whether or not you buy it is another question, but
in his work he demonstrates the unity of the major sections of the book of
Ezra. Unfortunately, he does not address the over-all structure of the
book, which might have aided us in our understanding of the internal
consistency of the book. You might also check out David Dorsey's book The
literary structure of the Old Testament. I haven't gone through his
section on Ezra, but he might have some interesting observations.
Naturally, caution is advised! YMMV

Michael