b-hebrew - [b-hebrew]

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jwest AT highland.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew]
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:32:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

im here at the SBL southeastern regional meeting in chattanooga and wanted to
let listers know a couple of interesting things discussed so far.

first, a brilliant grad student at duke presented a fine paper on the
maskilim
of daniel as pacifists (not the title- just a summary).

second we listened to a very interesting paper on the psalms of ascent in
which
the presenter suggested that psalms 120-134 were framed in such a way as to
allow the reader to hear a call for peace in them (120:5-7 being
programmatic).

then we heard a very fine paper on samson and his search for power by
covering
his shame.

i will send along note of the more interesting papers as time permits. by
the
way- loren crow's work (on the psalms) has come up a couple of times (and
that
in a most positive light).

best

jim