b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic reference grammar in English?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic reference grammar in English?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:37:57 +0000

At 12:06 10/03/2003, you wrote:

A student with limited German asked me whether an English translation of
something like S. Segert's "Altaramäische Grammatik" or the Bauer/Leander
"Grammatik des Biblisch-aramäischen" exists. The relevant bibliography
section in the recent Kaltner/McKenzie volume "Beyond Babel", which I assume
is the latest guide to resources, has nothing more comprehensive than the
excellent but brief Rosenthal grammar.

There is a review of:
Greenspahn, Frederick
An Introduction to Aramaic
Resources for Biblical Study 38
Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1999. Pp. xi + 230, Paperback,
$54.95, ISBN 0788504630.

available on the RBL web-site, at:
http://www.bookreviews.org/pdf/420_3020.pdf

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie

  • Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic reference grammar in English?, Maurice A. O'Sullivan, 03/10/2003