b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Exodus 3:14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lew Osborne" <osbo AT hn.ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Exodus 3:14
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:29:51 +1000

One point that we must not overlook is the fact that many names eg. Walker
were derived from the fact that the original Walker was not only the
Phantom but the Ghost who walks, forgive the play on words but in Denmark a
whole family name derived fron the 'son of a farmer' Many surnames have
thus given the purpose of the name bearer. So in the OT without taking it
to extreme we have names of persons given to portray the work of that name
bearer.

Hence the merial name was given for a purpose. To the christian mind the
name Jesus derived from Yah Shua or 'He will be savior' has a meaning.

The point is, can Exodus 3:14 be linked honestly to John 8:58?