b-hebrew - Re: Jonah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mark Nenadov <mark AT freelance-developer.com>
  • To: Kevin John Boddecker <s_kboddecker AT pbu.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jonah
  • Date: 28 Dec 2002 19:20:39 -0500

Kevin,

I have no advise to give from a personal point-of-view, but the
following commentaries seem to be regarded highly by others:

"JPS Commentary on Jonah"
by Uriel Simon

"The Message of Jonah: A Theological Commentary"
by Terence Fretheim

"Obadiah, Jonah, Micah (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries)"
by David Baker

"The Paradox of Human Existence: A Commentary on the Book of Jonah"
by Lifshitz, Goldwasser, Nathan, and Lifshitz

"Jonah: A Commentary (The Old Testament Library)"
by James Limburg

I hope that helps you out a bit!

~Mark
http://freeindeed.webhop.org

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 00:44, Kevin John Boddecker wrote:
> I'm beginning research for my thesis which I plan to write on the book of
> Jonah. I was wondering if any of you had any particular commentaries you
> would recommend, or other sources, for my use. I will take everything
> from theological, to literary, to critical commentaries. Before I really
> narrow down my topic I want to get a firm grasp on the book as a whole.
> Thank you and God bless.

  • Jonah, Kevin John Boddecker, 12/27/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Jonah, Mark Nenadov, 12/28/2002
    • Re: Jonah, Susan Jeffers, 12/29/2002
    • Re: Jonah, B. M. Rocine, 12/29/2002
    • Re: Jonah, B. M. Rocine, 12/29/2002
    • Re: Jonah, Ben and Jo Crick, 12/29/2002
    • Re: Jonah, S. L., 12/30/2002