b-hebrew - Weak Verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul W. Traub" <ptraub AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Weak Verbs
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:47:57 -0500

I am having trouble identifying the particular pointing rule (cannot
double, prefer patach, comp shewa) present in the verb forms. Don't have
trouble parsing them since they are still very distinctive, but I know
that there are times that it can make a difference.

I have been using Weingreen and Pratico/VanPelt, but I may be trying to be
too mechanical.

Any pointers???

Paul Traub

  • Weak Verbs, Paul W. Traub, 11/07/2002