b-hebrew - Hebrew in SA

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Hakham1 AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Hebrew in SA
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:32:22 EST

Courses available at most universities -

try the Hebrew departments at

University Stellenbosch, Potchefstroom, Pretoria.

Part of graduate level courses for  theology, bible studies -

courses of high quality.

UNISA  University of South Africa - very big university offers their courses by correspondance  and internationally available.

I suppose you want a non-degree course - as you meant "shorter courses" -

enquire from the  the Judaic community -

many synagogues, rabbis -in, near

CAPE TOWN

and  JOHANNESBURG

Just search the web you'll fins sites fore above.

The above from personal experience as I did research there for years,
and will be going there again in a few months time.

Yohanan

  • Hebrew in SA, Hakham1, 10/31/2002