b-hebrew - Re: b-hebrew digest: August 25, 2002

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • To: <gds AT dor.kaiser.org>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: b-hebrew digest: August 25, 2002
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:01:37 +0200

Just a note to Gary Salyer's posting:
Sanders' article on First/Second Testament, or at least a similar article by him, is available online. I had it and lost it.
In any case, Sanders, like Gary, explains why he thinks the common terms are inadequate and may even insult those of different religious communities. The spirit of the article was much the same as Gary's posting.
I'd appreciate it if someone could redirect me to it, as I may be in need of it for teaching this year.
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Beit Berl College
Beit Berl Post Office
44905 Israel

"sha'alu shelom yerushalayim yishlayu kol 'ohavayikh"