b-hebrew - RE: Ps 102 "you are he"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bill Ross" <BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com>
  • To: "'Bill Ross'" <BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com>, "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Ps 102 "you are he"
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:27:42 -0500

<Bill>
Actually, the last verse should probably be separated from the one
before:

THE CRISIS
23 He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. {weakened:
Heb. afflicted}

THE PRAYER
24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days:
thy years are throughout all generations.
25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:
and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure:
yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment;
as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: {endure:
Heb. stand}

THE RESPONSE
27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

SUMMARY
28 The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be
established before thee.

I am also interested in the possible implications of this clause in
verse 26:

"as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed"

Does this imply a replacement or a renewal of any kind?

Thank you,

Bill Ross
BillRoss AT norisksoftware.com